The National Strategy for the inclusion of Romanian citizens belonging to the rome minority covers the period 2015-2020 and is based on the following premises:
- the intervention is necessary not only to ensure justice and social protection, but also to capitalize on, support and develop the potential of human capital represented by Romanian citizens belonging to the rome minority;
- intervention measures will be adapted, corroborated and integrated to ensure their effectiveness;
- the partnership with the civil society that will manifest itself in the stages of implementation, monitoring and evaluation, as has been done in recent months and in the drafting of the current strategy.
The central objective of the strategy is the socio-economic inclusion of Romanian citizens belonging to the Roma minority at a level similar to that of the rest of the population, along with ensuring equal opportunities by initiating and implementing public policies and programs in various fields of intervention. At the same time, the strategy seeks to involve central and local public authorities, the rome themselves and civil society in activities aimed at increasing the socio-economic inclusion of the rome. Against this background, the main areas of intervention are access to education, employment, health and housing, in addition to social services and infrastructure, culture and anti-discrimination.
The aim of the Government’s Strategy for the inclusion of Romanian citizens belonging to the rome minority for the period 2015-2020 is to ensure the socio-economic inclusion of Romanian citizens belonging to the rome minority by implementing integrated policies in the field of education, employment, health, housing, culture and social infrastructure.
The implementation of the Strategy is ensured, depending on the area of competence relevant for each action plan, by the following institutions:
a) at the central level
- Ministry of European Funds
- Ministry of Education and Research
- Ministry of Labour
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Public Works, Development and Administration
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Public Finance
- Ministry of Interior
- General Secretariat of the Government
- National Agency for rome
- Interethnic Relations Department
- National Council for Combating Discrimination
- b) at the local level:
- the prefect’s institutions, through the county offices for the rome
- local public administration authorities
- decentralized public services.
Government Decision no. 18/2015 for the approval of the Romanian Government’s Strategy for the inclusion of Romanian citizens belonging to the rome minority, with subsequent amendments and completions.