CONFERENCE TO LAUNCH THE PROJECT “NATIONAL PLATFORM FOR GOOD PRACTICES FOR ROME”
The Ministry of European Funds, through the National Contact Point for Roma, hosted today, on the International Day of Minorities, the launch meeting of the project “National platform of good practices for Roma”, confined by the European Commission, the General Directorate of Justice and Consumers through the Program for Rights, Equality and Citizenship 2014-2020.
The project has an implementation period of 11 months and will end on August 31, 2020. Its value is 65 thousand euros.
The event was attended by representatives of the Ministry of European Funds, the press and NGOs that have activity in the field of Roma communities.
The objective of this project is to facilitate and strengthen the dialogue between the local and national authorities, the Roma communities and the members of the Roma community, as well as the strengthening of the collaboration relations between them.
The project is addressed to Roma communities, NGOs and representatives of national, local and regional authorities, who represent the direct beneficiaries of the project.
Description of the project “National platform of good practices for Roma”
The project “National platform of good practices for Roma” is co-financed by the European Commission – Directorate General Justice and Consumers through the Program for Rights, Equality and Citizenship 2014-2020 and has a value of 61 thousand euros.
Expected results within the project:
– Improving the communication and cooperation between the actors involved in the project: national, regional and local authorities, NGOs and members of the Roma community regarding the implementation of the Strategy of the Government of Romania for inclusion of Romanian citizens belonging to the Roma minority 2015-2020;
– Improving the capacity of organizing the National Contact Point for Roma by contracting two persons throughout the project;
– Removing the communication barriers between the actors members of the Roma communities, NGOs and local, regional and national authorities;
– Realization of a National Platform of Good Practices for Roma – realized and functional, used to provide information and to ensure the rapid coordination of the actions of the stakeholders;
– Organizing 16 workshops for Roma communities, NGOs and representatives of local, regional and national authorities;
– Writing a progress report on the communication and coordination platform;
– Writing a report of good practices related to communication and cooperation models between network members.
The beneficiaries of the project will be Roma communities, NGOs and representatives of national, local and regional authorities as follows:
– 160 people from Roma communities, NGOs and representatives of the local and national authorities beneficiaries of the workshops;
– 500 people who will access the communication and cooperation platform.
Within the project will be organized two series of workshops that will be held in each of the 8 regions of Romania, in order to facilitate, but also to strengthen the dialogue between local authorities, Roma communities and members of the Roma community. The workshops will be supported by authorized trainers, with experience in the field, who, in the first series of workshops will identify the needs of the Roma communities and the problems they face, and in the second series of workshops will offer intervention models adapted to the specific needs identified in the the four areas (education, health, housing and employment) pursued by the Strategy of Romanian Government for the inclusion of Romanian citizens belonging to the Roma minority.